Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good news...

X just found out that he got tenure. It's the end of a long, hard road. Ever since our first date (at the Buhl Planetarium in Pittsburgh, twenty years ago this year) I've known how much he loves astrophysics, how important it is for him, and how hard it would be for him to have to leave it to do something else. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into his doctoral, postdoctoral, and tenure-track work (and most of the tears were probably mine, on his behalf). I'm so proud of him right now, because not only is he a good researcher (he'll be modest about how good, of course) but he's a great advisor to his grad students and the best husband I could ask for, and a cool uncle (how many nieces have the telescope they'll ask for at eight already selected specially at birth?)

So, congratulations, my darling. I know it's still sinking in. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment